Security Checks

How do I go about having a deputy watch over my home while I’m on vacation?

Contact the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office at 712-754-2556 to place your home on the “House Check List” while you are on vacation.  A deputy will periodically check your home while you are away.  You will be asked when you are leaving and when you will return and a contact person to call if any problems arise.  There is no charge for this service.


Please print the following form and fill in the information requested.  You can mail or drop off this form at the Osceola County Public Safety Center, 309 6th Street, Sibley, Iowa, or email the requested information to Dispatcher/Correctional Officer Michelle Lowe at

Home/Farm Security Check Information Sheet






Back to F.A.Q.

Home | Mission | Services | Tips | Jail | Press | Sales | Warrants | Wanted | Photo | 911 | K9 | Staff | Jobs | Grants | History | FAQ | Links | Permits | Car Camera

Visit the Osceola County Website | Visit the Sibley Iowa Website